Home
Media library Media library Advanced search Advanced search
Help Help Shop of the Museum
THEMES Glossary Exhibitions - Discovery Show room
Information Information
FR DE
Accessibility
WORKS Favourites list Favourites list Site map Site map
Diary
Media library
Glossary
Favourites list
Advanced search
Exhibitions - Discovery
Site map
Help
Information
Home | Centuries | The 16th century - Protestants in the arts and letters – Literature in the 16th century | Protestant temples : from the 16th century to the Revocation | Mandajors (Gard)
Mandajors (Gard)
Add to the favourites list Print this page Send this page   Previous 15 / 31 Next
 

Strategic stronghold of the war of the Camisards, the Castle of Mandajors was destroyed in 1703, but the chapel was left untouched during the reprisals and became a Protestant chapel.


A "tiny" temple in the Cévennes

This very small temple in the Cévennes Mountains, at the end of the Roubarbel Valley and accessible by a rough foot-path, escaped the 17th and 18th century destructions.

This small building, with a seating capacity of four rows of four people, was part of the Castle of Mandajors, burnt and demolished during the war of the Camisards in 1703.

An inscription can be seen on the fronton : "Reformed Church of France, 1727".

Add to the favourites listAdd to the favourites list Print this page Print this page Send this page Send this page   Previous 15 / 31 Next
 © Virtual Museum of French Protestantism