The deaconesses

In 1873, the deaconesses clinic was built by the architect Emile Salomon, and was then located in the Finkwiller quarter next to the civil hospitals compound.

  • Les diaconesses
    The deaconess clinic © Wikimedia Creative Commons

The interior decoration, woodwork and stained glass windows, strongly contrasted with the austere looking Gothic frontage.

Founded in 1842 by pastor François Haerter, promoter of the pietist Revival, the community of the deaconesses was dedicated to the care of the sick and destitute.

 

Progress in the tour

Associated tours