Present temple on Édouard-Normand square

The temple on Édouard Normand square was built between 1956 and 1958 to replace the one destroyed during the war.

  • Le temple actuel Place Édouard-Normand
    The present temple Place Édouard-Normand © Wikimedia Creative Commons

It could not be rebuilt on its original location, on the Edict of Nantes square, because Gigant street was to be aligned.  On the 30th of September 1956, the foundation stone was laid by Victoire Durand-Gasselin, a Protestant woman architect from Nantes, who also designed the building. It was dedicated in 1958 by pastor Louis Matiffa.

Associated tours

Random notes