Several activities take place here
- A list has been made of protestant property in the area : temples, houses of prayer, churchyards, furniture, objects of interest, etc.,
- Local government commissions or private owners have indexed what needed to be protected or restored,
- Information bulletins are published describing the results of studies made on protestant property.
- Collections have been built up of furniture, costumes, jewellery, books, deeds and documents, which show how the protestants in Saintonge used to live.
You can see these collections every summer – they are included in exhibitions about protestantism held in the parish buildings of the Eglise reformée of the îles de Saintonge.
But in the future, they will be housed in a XIXth century building which has been converted into a cultural centre, in the commune of Tremblade (Charente-Maritime). The two collections of the present Maritime Museum are permanently on show there.
House of Protestantism in Charentes
19 rue du Bourg
The House of Protestantism
19 rue du Bourg 17530 ARVERT
- Site de la Maison de l’histoire du protestantisme charentais | Link
The French Protestant Museum of the West of France12 kilometers south-west of Pouzauges, in “Le Bois Tiffrais” (or Tiffray), in the commune of Monsireigne, the Société d’histoire du protestantisme français has set up a museum in a building...
Musée du protestantisme de FerrièresFondé en 1968, installé en 2010 dans ses nouveaux murs, le Musée de Ferrières a une double ambition qui fait son originalité.
Museum of Protestantism in the Vivarais regionThe Museum of Protestantism in the Vivarais can be found in a XVth century fortified building, built in the Boutières style typical of the Ardèche, and classified as a historical...
Jean Calvin museumNoyon is one of the largest historical cities in the north of France, situated 100km north of Paris. From 531 onwards it was a bishop’s see, (the first bishop was...
The protestant Museum in the Wassy barnOn the 1st March 1562, the Duc de Guise went to celebrate mass in Wassy and on his way back, forced open the doors of the barn where a thousand...