These buildings were erected in the 19th century by the reformed community and the « Société de charité des dames protestantes » – ‘Protestant Ladies Charity Society’ to house a school and a ‘shelter’ – a form of daycare centre- for young children. After renovation they now house the parsonage and meeting rooms known as the Protestant Centre.
Progress in the tour
A walk through Protestant La RochelleAs early as 1546, La Rochelle was one of the major cities in the kingdom won over to the Reformation. La Rochelle had been an economic and maritime power since...